Certificate Completion Requirements
Certificates are awarded to students who have met the following criteria:
- Achieved a minimum GPA of 2.50 (non-licensure programs), 3.0 GPA (licensure programs)
- Completed all courses with a “C” or better,
- Met all program requirements.
Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Educational Specialist students who intend to participate in a commencement ceremony at American College of Education must be in “Graduate Status” within two terms of the commencement date. For example, if commencement is held in July, students with expected graduation dates in August and September may participate.
Doctorate (Ed.D.) students who intend to participate in a commencement ceremony must be in “Graduate Status” by the date of the commencement. Furthermore, the academic team must confirm anticipated dissertation completion for all Ed.D. students prior to the student being allowed to participate in commencement.
Degrees will be conferred when the following requirements have been met:
- Grade Point Average (GPA): Undergraduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0; Graduate students and RN to MSN students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- A grade of “C” or better in all required program courses has been achieved.
- All course and credit hour requirements and/or any field experiences are successfully completed.
- Bachelor’s level only: Demonstrated proficiency in all general education competencies.
Students must be in good standing to graduate. Good standing is defined as achieving the required College academic standards and program requirements as outlined in the catalog.
The following requirements must be met before a student can graduate from American College of Education:
- Satisfactory completion of all coursework.
- Satisfactory completion of the Capstone Experience.
- Satisfactory completion of the Dissertation Oral Defense for Ed.D. candidates.
- Satisfactory completion of internship, practicum or student teaching, when applicable.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for Bachelor’s students and 3.0GPA for Master’s, RN to MSN, Specialist and Doctoral students with no D’s or F’s.
Graduation with Honors
ACE recognizes exemplary academic performance for graduates. ACE graduates of post baccalaureate degree programs will be awarded the honor of “Distinguished Graduate” if all degree requirements have been met, a cumulative GPA of a 4.0 has been achieved in program enrollment, and no academic or conduct violations occurred during the enrollment in the completed degree program.