Final grades are posted as percentages without decimals and are reported in both the learning management system (LMS) - Canvas, and the student information system (SIS) - CampusNexus. Student transcripts are produced through CampusNexus; thus, grade accuracy is imperative.
Final Grade Deadline
In order to ensure accuracy of reports and registration in upcoming terms, all grades must be entered by the deadline listed below:
- 5-week terms: All grades must be entered by 5:00 p.m. EST on the Thursday after the term ends. (i.e. if your course ended on Sunday, June 24th, final grades would be due by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 28th).
- 10-week terms: All grades must be entered by 5:00 p.m. EST the second Thursday after the term ends. (i.e. if your course ended on Sunday, June 17th, final grades would be due by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 28th).
Final Grade Process
Before submitting final grades, it is imperative to review your gradebook to ensure the following:
- All submitted assignments have been graded (if a grade is left blank, the final grade process will assume it is a zero, reducing the score).
- Zeros have been entered for all assignments that have not been submitted.
- Grades are accurately entered in the gradebook in Canvas for each student.
Once you have ensured accuracy of your gradebook, you will “sync” your grades from Canvas to Campus Nexus using the “Sync Grades to SIS” feature in Canvas (see below).
Final Grade: Canvas to CampusNexus Grade Submission