Final grades are posted as percentages without decimals and are reported in both the learning management system (LMS) - Canvas, and the student information system (SIS) - CampusNexus. Student transcripts are produced through CampusNexus; thus, grade accuracy is imperative.
Final Grade Deadline
In order to ensure accuracy of reports and registration in upcoming terms, all grades must be entered by the following deadlines:
- 5-week terms: All grades must be entered by 5:00 p.m. EST on the Thursday after the term ends. (i.e. if your course ended on Sunday, June 24th, final grades would be due by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 28th).
- 10-week terms: All grades must be entered by 5:00 p.m. EST the second Thursday after the term ends. (i.e. if your course ended on Sunday, June 17th, final grades would be due by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 28th).
Note: If an assignment is missed or needs an updated score, please contact your department supervisor. Grades cannot simply be re-synced without resulting in incorrect scores. Your supervisor can help with the next steps to make corrections if they are needed.
Final Grade Process
Before submitting final grades, it is imperative to review your grade book to ensure the following:
- All submitted assignments have been graded (if a grade is left blank, the final grade process will assume it is a zero, reducing the score).
- Zeros have been entered for all assignments that have not been submitted.
- Grades are accurately entered in the grade book in Canvas for each student.
Once you have ensured the accuracy of your grade book, you will “sync” your grades from Canvas to Campus Nexus using the “Sync Grades to SIS” feature in Canvas (see below).
Final Grade: Canvas to CampusNexus Grade Submission