The M.Ed. in English Education program is designed for those teaching at the secondary or college level in the field of English. This coursework examines the crossovers of literature, comprehension, and communication within traditional modes and emerging devices. Using intellectual processes, the courses are crafted to build patterns of thought fostered by delivery methods, cultural perspectives, and changes of time which influence how individuals communicate. The program pursues ways information is designed, displayed, and delivered from various perspectives. By generating critical analysis skills, learners examine the rationale and emergent patterns to blend creativity with the practical. Attention is given to strategies to support personal change in thinking, reasoning, and decision making.
- Assess contributions in the field of English by applying, evaluating, and revising ideas, designs, and approaches to solve problems which promote application of cognitive and psychological foundations to increase personal and corporate productivity.
- Evaluate theories, standards, and principles within the critical frameworks of English to identify appropriate methods for engaging in content, including ways to evaluate and conduct research.
- Demonstrate knowledge of organization or industry standards and collaborative strategies by incorporating multiple resources to ensure the application of diverse viewpoints and ethical reasoning when endeavors require critical and creative thought.
- Devise approaches which exercise multiple perspectives to engage, explain, and express how experts within a field of English consider evidence as a means to generate new options which also helps to establish and maintain a climate of mutual respect, trust, collegiality, and support.
- Demonstrate awareness of critical issues within the field of English, requiring both a personal response and a professional position, which impact communities, regions, nations, and global concerns.
- Apply advanced skills, including the ability to document, to improve observation and organization of critical elements within the field of English.
- Promote skills in leadership by incorporating collaborative, data-driven decision making which leads to contributions in the field of English, enhances the function of an organization, or engages in meaningful and relevant endeavors.
The mission of the M.Ed. English Education is to provide educators with a deeper knowledge of a focus in English and communications. By examining the crossovers of literature, comprehension and communication within the traditional modes as well as using intellectual processes, students will build patterns of thought fostered by delivery methods, cultural perspectives, and changes of time that influence how individuals communicate.