Feb 20, 2024
The Education Specialist in Public Health Education is designed to prepare healthcare professionals and educators with the competencies necessary to address the public health issues of local, national, and international communities from a health education perspective without the completion of a dissertation. The dynamic connection between research, theory, and practice prepares graduates to be leaders and experts in public health education through research intensive coursework.
- Create, implement, and evaluate innovative programs to address public health across diverse communities.
- Contribute to innovative solutions for complex public health concerns with actions based on theory, standards, and frameworks.
- Interpret evidence-based research to develop and advocate for policies and programs promoting positive social change in the health of individuals and communities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders within diverse communities to advocate, educate, and improve the health of individuals and communities.
- Demonstrate best practices in leadership and serve as an expert resource in public health education.
- Demonstrate evidence-based decision-making, integrating principles of cultural competence, leadership, equity, ethics, and social justice to address public health concerns and education in local, national, and global communities.
- Contribute to public health education knowledge bases through the dissemination of applied research.
- Utilize professional and ethical standards when engaging in research and evaluation of public health programs.
The mission of the Ed.S. in Public Health Education program is to provide a research intensive, evidence based public health education curriculum to give students the necessary analytical, problem solving, theoretical, and leadership tools to bring about positive health change in diverse and evolving communities.
Course Sequence (34 Semester Credits)
Leadership Course (1 Semester Credit)
Research Courses (9 Semester Credits)
Health and Wellness Courses (24 Semester Credits)
- This program is neither designed nor approved (as of the publication date of this Catalog) to prepare students for licensure, certification, or endorsement in any state.
- Check availability in your state on the Programs by State section of the ACE website.