May 20, 2022
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Social Impact is designed to provide a graduate business education that is responsive, not only to the advanced educational needs of the international business community but also uses business as a force of good. Graduates will be part of and lead a movement to do good for the community through social impact. The program emphasizes the fundamentals of decision-making and provides the opportunity to serve in an increasingly complex and ever-changing global business environment.
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Social Impact prepares graduate students to contribute to their professional communities of business leaders in an ever-changing global commerce environment that focuses on commitment, competence, and ethics to address real-world problems. The program provides students with an opportunity to integrate all executive knowledge and competencies as related to business administration with an emphasis on social impact.
- Apply and promote a vision for community and global change through social initiatives.
- Demonstrate evidence-based decision-making strategies to create solutions for business challenges and develop opportunities.
- Employ socially responsible management and impactful leadership principles to lead stakeholders in a social enterprise.
- Breakdown business theories and demonstrate systems thinking to assess business conditions.
- Apply collaborative practices in diverse business communities and environments (such as virtual and global) to build meaningful partnerships.
- Distinguish metrics and measures to evaluate operations, business performance, and social impact initiatives.
- Practice and advocate for awareness of national and global regulations, ethical standards, and social influence in business.
- Promote and employ the responsible use of technology to enhance performance, collaboration, and efficiency.
Focus of Study Options
The focus of study in Data Analytics is designed to focus on conducting research and analyzing data. Students will also interpret the data to make evidence-based decisions as a business leader to move the organization forward.
Diversity and Inclusion
The need to embrace diversity and inclusion is becoming increasingly important in the business landscape. The focus of study in Diversity and Inclusion focuses on how organizations can create an inclusive environment, which supports diversity of thought.
The focus of study in Sustainability is designed to provide graduate business education that emphasizes on helping value-driven, ecologically and socially responsible entrepreneurs in developing business models that make a difference in the international business community, using business as a force of good. The area of study provides students with an opportunity to integrate all executive knowledge and competencies as related to business administration with an emphasis on social impact and the standards of maintaining a Certified Benefit Corporation.
Course List (37 Total Semester Credits)
Core Courses (28 Semester Credits)
Choose a Three-Course Focus of Study (9 Semester Credits)
Any three courses selected from courses above in focus of study options.
Graduates from ACE’s M.Ed. in Educational Business Administration program can transfer in 9 credits to fulfill this requirement.
- This program is neither designed nor approved (as of the publication date of this Catalog) to prepare students for licensure, certification, or endorsement in any state.
- Check availability in your state on the Programs by State section of the ACE website.