ACE Catalog - Volume 30 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Public Health Education, Ed.D. (Ed.S. or ABD to Ed.D. Pathway)
Individuals who have completed an Ed.S. degree or have completed all doctoral coursework but not completed the dissertation (ABD) are eligible for this pathway. The courses listed are to be completed at ACE to earn an Ed.D. in Public Health Education. Please note: students who have not completed at least 6 credits in research prior to enrolling at ACE will need to take additional research credits per the Prior Credit Considerations Grid found here.
The Doctorate in Public Health Education (Ed.D.) is designed to prepare healthcare professionals and educators with the competencies necessary to address the public health issues of local, national, and international communities from a health education perspective. The dynamic connection between research, theory, and practice prepares graduates to be leaders and experts in public health education through research intensive coursework and dissertation.
- Create, implement, and evaluate innovative programs to address public health across diverse communities.
- Contribute to innovative solutions for complex public health concerns with actions based on theory, standards, and frameworks.
- Interpret evidence-based research to develop and advocate for policies and programs promoting positive social change in the health of individuals and communities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders within diverse communities to advocate, educate, and improve the health of individuals and communities.
- Demonstrate best practices in leadership and serve as an expert resource in public health education.
- Demonstrate evidence-based decision-making, integrating principles of cultural competence, leadership, equity, ethics, and social justice to address public health concerns and education in local, national, and global communities.
- Contribute to public health education knowledge bases through the dissemination of applied research.
- Utilize professional and ethical standards when engaging in research and evaluation of public health programs.
- Demonstrate competence in the application of multiple research methods.
The mission of the Ed.D. in Public Health Education program is to provide a research intensive, evidence based public health education curriculum to give students the necessary analytical, problem solving, theoretical, and leadership tools to bring about positive health change in diverse and evolving communities.