Feb 20, 2024
Master’s Level Certificate
The Virtual Instruction certificate provides opportunities for students to practice technology integration for the purpose of implementing rich virtual learning experiences for diverse populations in a variety of educational settings. Graduate-level coursework focuses on a broad range of digitally based frameworks, models, methods, and strategies to identify, comprehend, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate curricula and evidence-based instruction for virtual delivery. Grounded in current research and best practices, authentic, application-based assignments enable students to demonstrate leadership in this rapidly evolving field; investigate relevant, complex problems and determine solutions; and promote continuous improvement in virtual instruction and technology integration to meet the needs of 21st century learners.
- Practice professional skills and abilities in integrating technology in educational environments to facilitate experiences addressing the diverse needs of all learners, through collaborative engagement.
- Justify the selection of experiences and assessment options using theories, standards, and frameworks which engage learners through the implementation of research-based instructional strategies appropriate for digital delivery.
- Demonstrate mastery of evidenced-based concepts and principles by designing, developing, and implementing technology-rich programs which model best practices in teaching, learning, and assessment aligned to standards within the field.
- Demonstrate leadership capacity, including the effective utilization of resources, to conduct and apply research, promoting continuous improvement at the organizational or program level to establish a culture of learning for diverse learners.
- Investigate problems critical to the field which apply analytical inquiry, a range of resources, and diverse perspectives to assess elements of complexity to determine potential solutions.
The mission of the Certificate for Virtual Instruction is to provide students with broad and comprehensive understanding of the skills and abilities necessary to select and deliver virtual learning experiences which prepare learners to meet the challenges and opportunities of the twenty-first century.
Course Sequence (22 Total Semester Credits)
Digital Learning and Teaching/Technology Courses (22 Semester Credits)
State Specific Notes
- The Certificate in Virtual Instruction is approved by the Indiana Department of Education. Certificate outcomes are designed to meet Indiana’s standards for Virtual Instruction.
Completers of certificates which are approved to lead to licensure, endorsement, or certification may be subject to additional requirements for the receipt of initial licensure, endorsement, or certification in the state in which they intend to teach or administrate. Students are strongly encouraged to check licensure requirements in the state in which they intend to teach or administrate to determine whether they are eligible for licensure, endorsement, or certification.
- Check availability in your state on the Programs by State section of the ACE website.