Jan 23, 2022
The Master of Science (M.S.) in Organizational Leadership is designed to provide a graduate business education that focuses on leading change effectively. Using real-life cases, graduates will lead with agile strategic management techniques, guide diverse teams, and manage proactively within times of change. The program focuses on setting strategic goals, problem-solving, building and sustaining a positive organizational culture, and leading various business environments by example.
The Master of Science (M.S.) in Organizational Leadership prepares graduate students to empower their workplace communities and become effective global business leaders. Students develop leadership skills to apply in a variety of settings. The program concentrates on leading diverse teams and organizations, managing positive change, and developing innovative organizational cultures of continuous improvement.
- Apply leadership theories, concepts, and tools to problem solve in real-world organizational settings.
- Distinguish the ethical implications of leadership decisions and organizational strategies.
- Employ strategic analysis and management ability in a fast-changing environment and impactful leadership principles.
- Breakdown business theories and demonstrate systems thinking to assess business conditions.
- Apply collaborative practices in diverse business communities and environments (such as virtual and global) to build meaningful partnerships.
- Promote key elements of the business communication cycle and employ the responsible use of effective business tools.
- Practice and advocate for awareness of national and global regulations, ethical standards, and social influence in business.
Focus of Study Options
Business Performance Management
The Business Performance Management focus of study presents students with foundational functions of business needed for optimal performance, which focuses on leading positive organizational change in an effective manner. In addition, students will demonstrate ways to lead with agile strategic management techniques, applying major components of leading various business environments. This focus of study concentrates on core courses teaching fundamentals of finance, economics, and business statistic concepts and skills.
The focus of study in Data Analytics is designed to focus on conducting research and analyzing data. Students will also interpret the data to make evidence-based decisions as a business leader to move the organization forward.
Diversity and Inclusion
The need to embrace diversity and inclusion is becoming increasingly important in the business landscape. The focus of study in Diversity and Inclusion focuses on how organizations can create an inclusive environment, which supports diversity of thought.
The focus of study in Sustainability is designed to provide graduate business education that emphasizes on helping value-driven, ecologically and socially responsible entrepreneurs in developing business models that make a difference in the international business community, using business as a force of good. The area of study provides students with an opportunity to integrate all executive knowledge and competencies as related to business administration with an emphasis on social impact and the standards of maintaining a Certified Benefit Corporation.
Course List (34 Total Semester Credits)
Core Courses (25 Semester Credits)
Choose a Three-Course Focus of Study (9 Semester Credits)
Business Performance Management
Any three courses selected from courses above in focus of study options.
- This program is neither designed nor approved (as of the publication date of this Catalog) to prepare students for licensure, certification, or endorsement in any state.
- Check availability in your state on the Programs by State section of the ACE website.