The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration provides students with the skills and knowledge to effectively serve as health administrators within their community. Through application-based coursework, students learn how to promote responsible health choices by becoming educators and program leaders within the diverse field of community health. After completing this program, students will have the training necessary to evaluate research, advocate for policies and effective procedures, and manage divergent populations while implementing strategic plans by taking on a variety of roles within the healthcare field.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide effective leadership and management skills in a changing healthcare environment.
- Apply effective communication skills across diverse populations in the healthcare environment, including conflict resolution, negotiation, team building, collaboration, coaching, and interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote personal and professional ethics and social responsibility in healthcare settings.
- Use technology to implement healthcare control systems, professional presentations, informational literacy techniques, and other aspects of healthcare management.
- Communicate and advocate for illness prevention, health promotion, and wellness as integral components of overall health, and assess marketing opportunities in wellness programs, services, and facilities.
- Implement strategic planning and program evaluation to promote organizational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Assess the impact of health policies and laws on organizational operations and serve as an advocate for change when necessary.
- Apply best practices and principles in leading and managing human resources in diverse organizational environments.
- Serve as an effective steward of organizational resources through knowledge of financial management, fiscal responsibility, and effective budgeting methods.
- Evaluate healthcare research and analyze multiple forms of data to assist in ethical, effective decision making, identify gaps in service to diverse populations, and determine healthcare education needs.
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration is to provide students with an affordable, application-based program that will provide them with the knowledge and skills they need to be leading healthcare administrators in healthcare organizations.