Individuals who have completed an Ed.S. degree or have completed all doctoral coursework but not completed the dissertation (ABD) are eligible for this pathway. The courses listed are to be completed at ACE to earn an Ed.D. in Leadership. Please note: students who have not completed at least 6 credits in research prior to enrolling at ACE will need to take additional research credits per the Prior Credit Considerations Grid found here .
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Leadership prepares graduate students to contribute to their professional communities as leaders who address real-world problems through evidence-based decision-making. Students engage with other professionals in their specific fields, including partners ranging from school districts and state government to businesses and nonprofits, to apply skills and knowledge to complex problems of practice. Doctoral students select an area of emphasis. In addition to highly interactive, project-based coursework, students will pursue original research in leadership culminating with a dissertation under the direction of a doctoral committee.
- Collaborate in diverse communities of learning and build partnerships with states, school districts, or other organizations.
- Contribute to solutions for complex problems of practice with actions based upon theory, standards, and frameworks.
- Analyze and promote best practices in leadership.
- Demonstrate evidence-based decision-making, integrating principles of equity, ethics, and social justice of civic concern in local and global communities.
- Develop and implement personal- and organization-level knowledge and skills including technology.
- Demonstrate mastery of content knowledge through the utilization of critical and creative thinking.
- Demonstrate competence in the application of multiple research methods.
- Contribute to professional knowledge bases through the dissemination of applied research.
The mission of the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Leadership program is to promote evidence-based learning, application-based problem solving, and leadership development through an innovative and high-quality educational experience. The program provides a multidisciplinary environment to prepare students for the global, evolving, and diverse community for which they will lead.