The Certificate in Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) is a post-master’s certificate of advanced study. Students major in interdisciplinary educational studies, allowing them the ability to choose their courses. Structured for those seeking to enhance graduate level skills through a student-designed program of study, this certificate offers a range of selected courses tailored to align to personal and professional goals. The certificate includes nine courses plus a three credit project-based capstone course, for a total of 30 semester hours. Credits earned in the CAGS program are transferrable to the Ed.S. or Ed.D. in Leadership at American College of Education.
- Assess contributions in the field by applying, evaluating, and revising ideas, designs, and approaches to solve problems which promote application of cognitive and psychological foundations to increase personal and corporate productivity.
- Evaluate theories, standards, and principles within the critical frameworks of a discipline to identify appropriate methods for engaging in content, including ways to evaluate and conduct research.
- Demonstrate knowledge of organization or industry standards and collaborative strategies by incorporating multiple resources to ensure the application of diverse viewpoints and ethical reasoning when endeavors require critical and creative thought.
- Devise approaches which exercise multiple perspectives to engage, explain, and express how experts within a field consider evidence as a means to generate new options which also helps to establish and maintain a climate of mutual respect, trust, collegiality, and support.
- Demonstrate awareness of critical issues within a field of study, requiring both a personal response and a professional position, which impact communities, regions, nations, and global concerns.
- Apply advanced skills, including the ability to document, to improve observation and organization of critical elements within a discipline.
- Promote skills in leadership by incorporating collaborative, data-driven decision making which leads to contributions in the field, enhances the function of an organization, or engages in meaningful and relevant endeavors.