The Virtual Instruction certificate provides opportunities for students to practice technology integration for the purpose of implementing rich virtual learning experiences for diverse populations in a variety of educational settings. Graduate-level coursework focuses on a broad range of digitally based frameworks, models, methods, and strategies to identify, comprehend, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate curricula and evidence-based instruction for virtual delivery. Grounded in current research and best practices, authentic, application-based assignments enable students to demonstrate leadership in this rapidly evolving field; investigate relevant, complex problems and determine solutions; and promote continuous improvement in virtual instruction and technology integration to meet the needs of 21st century learners.
- Practice professional skills and abilities in integrating technology in educational environments to facilitate experiences addressing the diverse needs of all learners, through collaborative engagement. (VI)
- Justify the selection of experiences and assessment options using theories, standards, and frameworks which engage learners through the implementation of research-based instructional strategies appropriate for digital delivery. (II)
- Demonstrate mastery of evidenced-based concepts and principles by designing, developing, and implementing technology-rich programs which model best practices in teaching, learning, and assessment aligned to standards within the field. (I)
- Demonstrate leadership capacity, including the effective utilization of resources, to conduct and apply research, promoting continuous improvement at the organizational or program level to establish a culture of learning for diverse learners. (VII)
- Investigate problems critical to the field which apply analytical inquiry, a range of resources, and diverse perspectives to assess elements of complexity to determine potential solutions. (III)