The safety and well-being of our employees is of critical importance to the organization. We therefore each have a responsibility to not only protect ourselves when on the road but also should do our part to protect those around us.
At all times, employees are to exercise sound personal judgment and common sense and are required to comply with all state and local traffic laws and city ordinances concerning the operation of company vehicles and of personal vehicles used on ACE business. ACE is not responsible for damage or injury resulting from an employee’s failure to exercise good judgment or common sense in the operation of a motor vehicle, or failure to comply with all state and local traffic laws and city ordinances concerning the operation of company vehicles or personal vehicles used for company business.
Employees who are required to drive (including rented, leased, borrowed or personally owned vehicle) on company business at any time will be expected to consistently follow all the procedures below.
- All employees must complete a background check for Motor Vehicle Records (MVR). Employees must have an MVR that is CLEAR or ACCEPTABLE in order to be hired.
- All employees must submit proof of vehicle insurance.
- All employees are expected to wear seat belts at all time while in a moving vehicle being used for company business, whether they are the driver or a passenger.
- Use of handheld cell phones, whether personal or business-owned, while behind the wheel of a moving vehicle being used on company business is strictly prohibited.
- Although use of cell phones under any circumstances is strongly discouraged while driving, the use of hands-free technology may be warranted in unusual or emergency circumstances.
- Engaging in other distracting activities including, but not limited to, eating, putting on makeup, reading or changing radio stations or music, is also strongly discouraged while driving, even when in slow-moving traffic.
- Use of alcohol, drugs, or other substances, including certain over-the-counter cold or allergy medications that in any way impair driving ability, is prohibited.
- All employees are expected to follow all driving laws and safety rules such as adherence to posted speed limits and directional signs, use of turn signals and avoidance of confrontational or offensive behavior while driving.
- Employees should never allow anyone to ride in any part of the vehicle not specifically intended for passenger use and/or any seat that does not include a working seat belt.
- Employees must promptly report any accidents to local law enforcement as well as to ACE.
- Failure to adhere to these procedures may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.